Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Thursday, April 07, 2005

Great News!

I just got an email message from Bill over at Twelve Two Two Fondue about an amazing event. Back in January, when I first listed Bill's site on my sidebar, he sent me a kind message that contained these words (I doubt he'll mind the quote):
I think you may be the first site on the Entire Internet that posted a link to our site . . . Now that we have a readership, albeit perhaps one person, the pressure is on to produce a higher level of hilarity.


Well it seems someone else joined me. Bill just sent me another note indicating that he has been picked up by Dooce, a blog that scored four of the 2005 Bloggie Awards, and these weren't awards like the Academy gives the night before the Oscars; these were Best American Blog, Best Tagline, Most Humorous, and Best Written. Dayum!!

Anyway, it seems the writing that drew me to Bill's blog has earned him an overnight tenfold increase in hits. Bill, if you drop by, as I think you will because you'll catch my not-too-cryptic note in the e-mail, help 'em stuff their bellies. The fastest way to a blogger's belly may be Jack-in-the-Box, but you now have the chance to change that for a few (speaking of which, we really need to go shopping soon). And when I can toast your success this weekend, it shall be with the version of "cheers" used in Iran (because I like being different and learned it from a terribly cool grad student), "Noosh!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home