Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Tuesday, March 15, 2005

More Bridge

Back on the fourth, I mentioned that I had created charts for bridge hand shapes and high card point (HCP) totals. Six days later, I finished the project by creating a table that contains all of the same information, only with both sets crossing one another. The result is the number of hands with a given HCP total for each distribution that can have that HCP total. This also means that I can look up the frequency of distributions for a given HCP total.

OK, so that is rather silly, and it doesn't do a whole hell of a lot for more bridge players, but it has its uses. If you play bridge and are interested in seeing the information, drop me a line. It has uses for people who are considering a change in bidding systems, especially if that change may be dramatic. You can see, for instance, that a Goren bidder will open 47% of the hands he is dealt; whereas a SAYC or 2/1 bidder will open almost 61%.

Anyway, I think I am done with that data for a bit. Now I need to find a programmer, but that is the subject for another entry. Hmm, I guess you may see that first, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home