Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Strike (I Lost Count)

Yes, folks, the application process has bitten me in the ass yet again. My alma mater has opted not to give me an interview, and that is par for the course. I really need to publish more, so last night I did a final edit on a piece of short fiction I need to send out. I have downloaded a trial of some software that will allow me to complete a project prototype in a day or two instead of weeks. If I can get it approved campus-wide, I can have my name on a system of textbook evaluation that will streamline selection and ordering in any department willing to work within the structure.

It takes time, I am told, to get a full-time job, but come on! Can I at least get an interview here and there for practice? Any suggestions? The PhD is still on the table, but not in the short term. Worse, for work in a community college, it is a double-edged sword: a PhD can teach more courses and has a more developed background, but the school will have to shell out around $10,000 more per year. Unless the economy turns around, that is bad thing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home