Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Monday, June 13, 2005

Jackson Crowd

I stumbled on the live reading of the last three charges against Michael Jackson. He's been acquitted on all charges, of course, but that's not what I want to write about here. Outside the courthouse there was a rabid throng. Someone was waving a tricolor with "France Loves You Michael" written on it in block letters. A woman had a cage full of doves and was releasing them one at a time to fly over the courthouse. People were climbing the Cyclone fences and cheering. But that's still not quite what I am here to say today.

The last time I remember seeing a crowd gathered with such intensity of purpose, awaiting the decisions of a small group of people, was the Schiavo case. I have not yet settled how I feel about that, but I am pretty sure I am heading for being disturbed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home