Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Power Outage

Our power went out a couple times this morning. I had just reset some clock from the first one when the second outage hit. At first, I thought that the problem was localized in our building, but as I was driving out later, I saw that some street lights we also out. NPR reported that the power was out for a few blocks, causing, yep, traffic snarls (in Los Angeles? Shocking!).

This is not, on its surface, a really big deal. Power outages hit major cities all of the time, but what makes this so horribly serious is that it affected about a two-block radius from the Department of Water and Power. God, I love irony!

1 Comments:

At 5:57 AM, Blogger RussianViolets said...

Andrew, this is precious! Where I live, a fire station burned down, and I was giggling for days. Just sick, I tell you. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home