Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Monday, August 01, 2005

Two Of Me

I originally set up Caveat: Venter as a place to unburden myself of the little things. It has morphed into a sometimes too contentious place. I enjoy sparring over issues, especially when I know I can sit down and have a beer with my adversaries. Indeed, my primary "enemy combatant" and I met in grad school as he was reading a flame war I had joined with a Chinese national at our university, so I can hardly be surprised that my friend would challenge me here (or that he and I would revel in it).

What has happened, however, has been a shift in focus. My content has moved to these issues and away from the original purpose. I find myself fighting to defend the soul of Caveat: Venter more than spend energy on building its body (of posts). I feel a little guilty, therefore, about taking what was a genial, sometimes jovial, blog and allowing it to become a place for long rows that draw my focus to comments instead of posts.

The best solution I can find is to create a new blog in which I can take the serious issues (Bolton, SCotUS, terrorism, etc.) and return to the the venting here about my life and work. I haven't yet decided on a name, but I am certain, now, that I need to do this. Actually, if we could work out the technical side of things, I'd be willing to do a side-by-side single-page blog in conjunction with Anton (it really comes down to how much we could tweak the CSS of each post). It could be Crossfire, only without the bowties and cameras.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 PM, Blogger Leon said...

There's some interesting idea about the number 503, as in D-503. it is a large prime number by the way.

This site here has some interesting aspects:

http://www.siam.org/siamnews/05-99/state.htm

However i dont understand the meanings of those multiples....

if u know how to explain that, plz write a comment on my blog.thx

 

Post a Comment

<< Home