Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Falling In Love For The Xth Time

It's chance, really, that it should be this one, but here it is. I first fell in love with the Macintosh under System 6. I renewed that love of the OS for System 7, System 7.5, MacOS 8, MacOS 9, X, X 10.1, X 10.2, X 10.3, and now 10.4. Yep, I've fallen in love with the beauty of an OS yet again, and it hasn't even been that long since the last time.

Spotlight makes searching my hard drive as easy as searching my iTunes library. Dashboard is both fun and useful (and for the record, I am looking at making a Library-of-Babel style text generator, a globe that will take latitude and longitude to search and provide data on that area, and something else that has slipped my mind for the moment but seemed really cool as I was falling asleep last night). Automator? Oh hell, I haven't even gotten around to that one yet.

I'm a touch miffed that my machine does not appear to support 2-finger scrolling. I suppose I could have checked that out BEFORE uninstalling my copy of iScroll2, but nooOOoo.

Mail? Everything the Six-Million Dollar Man had without the 70s cheese.

Safari? A little zippier, but the built-in RSS and PDF capabilities have brought it in line with such competition as Netscape and Firefox. It remains ahead of IE.

I know, as do any of you using Tiger, that there are many more things to say here, but if I keep telling you all the reasons I am just in awe of this version of the OS, I can't go play with all the reasons I am just in awe of this version of the OS.

1 Comments:

At 12:53 AM, Blogger Leon said...

i left a comment under week 2: patterns

I know its kinda late cuz i just finished reading the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home