Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Sunday, May 15, 2005

Fallout

I get upset, it's true, when I find people who don't demonstrate, in an argument, sound technique. A couple days ago, my entry on the possible biological impetus for homosexual attraction. The debate got nasty, and it is my fault for taking it there, as my friend Anton was good enough to point out (by the way, people, always keep friends who will smack you upside the head).

I will let anyone interested scroll down and review the exchange of comments. I am sorry to the commenter in question that I let my comments get personal. I like to deal in evidence, and I did not see any, so I got nasty.

I will continue allowing anonymous comments. I will endeavor to control my emotional responses in the future (and I shall let stand the evidence of my past failures in that regard), though I will NOT back away from my demand that people provide evidence when making claims here.

My initial post includes a link to an article about the study. One of my responses includes links to relevant information that directly refutes the claims the commenter made. This is the kind of evidence I ask of those who make claims. I don't think I am asking all that much, really. I understand that people feel some things deeply, and this is clear enough in my losses of control, but evidence is what matters.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home