Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Sunday, October 05, 2008

Mojave? Kinda Dry

I final decided I would take Microsoft up on visiting the site for the well-advertised "Mojave Experiment" so I could see what they had going on. In case you have missed the ads (oh, to be you who have), Microsoft shows people who were told the latest OS was "Windows Mojave," at which point said people gushed. We are not shown in the ads what these people were shown, and even on the site, the introduction to the OS is kinda lame.

Still, let's try something here. I took a look at one of the videos by the MS guys, and I found the "Instant Search" functionality was, while zippy enough on their 2.2GHz Core2 Duo laptops, no faster than my OS X 10.5 on my 1.2GHz G4. They pointed out that their machines were not top of the line and were one year old. Mine is not top of the line, and it is four years old. Come on, guys. If you want to impress, at least beat out the machine on which I am typing this, and do it using a feature I didn't have for over a year before your not-so-new machines were made.

4 Comments:

At 11:24 PM, Blogger Sharon Delaila said...

Thanks to make my brain itch
sharon delaila

 
At 2:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

????@#@$@$?

bird...bird..bird

 
At 12:31 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi,

I am excited about your blog. Continue your efforts!


Cheers,
Secret Recipes - All secret not secret anymore

 
At 2:41 AM, Anonymous How To Get Rid Of Bad Breath said...

mojave?? is it a desert right??


Cheers,
how to get rid of bad breath

 

Post a Comment

<< Home