Caveat: Venter

Think about all of the things that make your brain itch. These are mine.

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

The Race is On

OK, I have somehow managed to keep from dumping a ton of posts about the presidential race, though there have been multiple causes every day for the last year and a half. Now we are half way through the Democratic National Convention and a mere five days from the Republican National Convention. My challenge to any who may come by here is this: Comment here with an affirmative reason for voting for either Obama or McCain.

Now, I am not that easy to please. In making such a comment, make no reference to the other major candidate and no reference to the other candidate's party. These must be affirmative arguments only.

In case you were wondering why I put this challenge out there, consider negative ads. I have yet to see one ad for McCain that meets these criteria, though I have seen such ads for Obama. Conversely, the DNC has included more than a couple shots at McCain, including Sen. Clinton's (and others') appeals to support Obama because we can't afford McCain, precisely the kind of argument I don't want to get here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home